This is a family favourite. This can be made veggie or vegan using faux meat products. It can also be tailored to your dietary requirements. I like to add extra chilli and garlic. To make coconut milk half fat simply put your tin of full fat coconut milk into a food processor and add a tins worth of water and process to mix. You can freeze the half for later. This curry is also delicous using only vegetables.
adapted from this
- 2 tablespoons wok oil (or fry light wok oil)
- 2 minced fresh garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 6 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 chicken breasts, diced (or chicken thigh fillets)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 100 g frozen garden peas
- 100g green beans
- 100g edamane beans (optional)
- Heat the oil in heavy based pan add snip the spring onions into the pan turn down the heat and add the garlic and chicken, stir gently and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except the lime and coriander, add half the coriander at this stage.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, take off heat add lime juice and remaining coriander serve with Thai fragrant rice.