from good food magazine June 2010
- 1 medium potato (cut into chunks)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 500 ground lean pork
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 ml stock
- 400 g shortcrust pastry (ready made)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to gas mark 6. Boil potato until tender drain and mash, leave to cool.
- Heat oil in non stick pan add the mince and onion and quickly fry until browned, add garlic spices and stock plenty of pepper a little salt and mix well. Remove from the heat stir potato and leave to cool.
- Roll our pasty and line base of a 20- 23cm pie tin. Fill with pork mixture and brush edges of pastry to seal trimming off excess, prick the top of the pastry case to allow steam to escape and glaze top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 30 minutes until crisp and golden cut into wedges and serve with a crisp green salad